Hantavirus in Denver

Hantavirus Mouse

A person in the Denver area has been diagnosed with the Hantavirus.  It is a rare, but serious and potentially fatal virus.  It is spread through deer mice only and will not be found in the common house mouse.  The virus is spread through breathing dust from a mouse nest or droppings.  Additionally, one can get it from handling or being bitten by an infected mouse.  It will not spread from person to person or pet to person.  

Local News

Local News

KOA NewsRadio is Colorado's station for 24/7 coverage of local news, traffic & weather. Read more

title

Content Goes Here